Bet and profit from the next duels between Flamengo and Corinthians
The current season has been quite intense for the biggest fans of Brazilian football. Flamengo and Corinthians have already met inside the four lines on three occasions. And there are three more important duels ahead, such as the 2022 Copa do Brasil final.
In these matches there will be no shortage of good guessing options, especially in the decision of the national tournament. To help you make good choices, the Gazeta Esportiva team brings information about the teams below, as well as the betting possibilities.
Retrospect between Flamengo and Corinthians in 2022
So far, the Red-Blacks and Alvinegros have played against each other for the Brazilian Championship and the Libertadores of America. The first match was in the national competition, on July 10, at the Neo Química Arena, in São Paulo, for the 16th round, with the home team winning by 1-0.
Then, for the first leg of the Libertadores quarterfinals, playing the first leg at Terra da Garoa, the cariocas won and built the good score of 2 to 0, on August 2nd. On the way back, a week later, on August 9, at Maracanã, the red-blacks, who already had a good advantage acquired, won again. This time, the triumph was 1 to 0. The passage to the semifinals of the Conmebol competition was assured with a certain tranquility.
General numbers of the classic
Throughout history, 113 matches have been played, with 42 positive results for Corinthians and 50 for Flamengo. There were 21 ties recorded.
On October 12, at 9:45 pm, Brasília time, at Neo Química Arena, the ball will roll for the first game of the Copa do Brasil decision. The return will be on the 19th, of the same month and time, only in Maracanã. The match for the second round of the Brazilian Championship is scheduled for October 28, in Rio de Janeiro, for the 35th round.
Common points in the most recent meetings between cariocas and paulistas
With three more classics to come, all in the month of October, there is no shortage of options and possibilities for tips when it comes to investing in sports betting. Below, we separate situations that were common on the field in the three most recent duels:
- Flamengo always has a greater number of finalizations, which, in line with the fact that the red-black ball possession is also greater, demonstrates that the cariocas always take the actions of the game. The Paulistas have a more reactive game.
- Number of balanced fouls between the two teams.
- In the last two games, Flamengo won two games in a row.
- In São Paulo, in the last five duels, there was a draw, an alvinegra victory and three red-black matches.
- In Rio de Janeiro, Flamengo has not lost since 2015, coming now from the sequence of five consecutive positive results.
- Giuliano, from Corinthians, has four goals, one less than top scorer German Cano, from Fluminense, in the Copa do Brasil. Arrascaeta, from Flamengo, in turn, has a goal less. Both have chances to finish the national tournament at the top of the list.
Base teams of Flamengo and Corinthians in the current season
Flamengo – Saints; Rodinei, David Luiz, Léo Pereira and Filipe Luís; João Gomes (Matheus França, 43’/2ºT), Thiago Maia, Everton Ribeiro and Arrascaeta; Gabi and Peter. Technician: Dorival Junior.
Corinthians – Cassio; Fagner, Gil, Balbuena and Fábio Santos; Fausto, Du Queiroz (Xavier) and Renato Augusto; Gustavo Silva, Roger Guedes and Yuri Alberto. Technician: Vitor Pereira.
Betting on sports betting
Below, you will find some of the different bets that you can place on the first game between Flamengo and Corinthians, on October 12th.
Moneyline (final result or 1v2)
- (3.30) Corinthians x Flamengo (2.35); tie (3.10)
To be champion of the Copa do Brasil
- Flamengo (1.33) / Corinthians (3.35)
Over 2.5 goals (over/under)
- Over (2.37) / Under (1.60)
Both teams score at least one goal each
- Yes (1.98) / No (1.78)
- Corinthians or draw (1.62) / Flamengo or draw (1.36) / Flamengo or Corinthians (1.37)
draw void bet
- Corinthians (2.25) / Flamengo (1.60)
margin of victory
- Corinthians wins by 1 goal (4.60)
- Corinthians wins by 2 goals (8.75)
- Flamengo wins by 1 goal (3.80)
- Flamengo wins by 2 goals (6.50)
Other guess options
Corinthians wins both halves
- Yes (7.90) / No (1.04)
- Yes (9.50) / No (1.02)
Flamengo wins both halves
- Yes (3.85) / No (1.23)
- Yes (8.50) / No (1.04)
*Odds taken from Betano bookmaker on September 23, 2022.
How to make predictions in sports betting?
In order for you to make guesses and make your investments in sports betting houses, you need to be registered with an operator. There are currently no shortage of options in the Brazilian market. Be careful to choose a company that is reliable, with a good reputation, nationally and internationally, in addition to offering you good resources and the possibility of getting interesting returns with your bets.
When registering with a house, be sure to check if it offers you a welcome bonus. This feature allows you to give your predictions a nice upgrade without having to put your hand in your pocket too many times.
In football games, the most popular betting markets among players are the following: moneyline, handicap, both to score, draw void bet, double chance, total (over / under).
The Gazeta Esportiva team brings some frequently asked questions about the duels between Flamengo and Corinthians. Check out:
- When is the 2022 Copa do Brasil final?
The first game of the decision between Corinthians and Flamengo is scheduled for the 12th of October, in São Paulo, while the return takes place on the 19th, in Rio de Janeiro. Already the duel of the second round of the Brazilian Championship, on October 28, in Maracanã.
- Who is favorite for the duels between Flamengo and Corinthians?
In the three games to come between the two teams, Flamengo is favoritism due to its qualified squad. In the previous matches of the current season, the Cariocas won two, for the Libertadores, and the Paulistas one, for the Brasileirão.
- Is sports betting legal in Brazil?
In 2022, Brazil is in the process of legalizing and regulating sports betting, as well as so-called gambling. However, even so, while this does not happen, investing in betting is not a legal practice. This is because the operators that operate here are registered outside Brazil and have international licenses.